Well, here's what we've got, so far. I've replaced the front bead with a red Firesight from Williams, along with a rear peep from the same source. Cleaned it up, polished the bolt a little bit, replaced extractor and ejector, and cleaned up the trigger, so that it breaks pretty clean at 3.5 lbs. Added a Weaver scout rail, and installed a Burris 2 3/4X IER scope, and got the scope and irons boresighted at 25 yards. Still waiting on the recoil pad to cut the stock down, and the ammo cuff, which should be started Monday, and will hopefully be here the week after.
Have powder, cases, primers and dies, just waiting on the bullets to get here so I can start working up loads. Going with the 160 gr. FTX bullets from Hornady, and Hodgdons LVR powder. Don't tell anyone, but this has been a fun project, and I really hope she likes it when it's finished.
And she should be equipped to deal with anything she's apt to run across, this side of the Mississippi River.