I then added more JB weld to the barrel area and around the rear tang. The JB weld despite being sticky is quite runny, but no worries I am filling in that area later.
This time I added release agent (wax) to the taped areas so it would not stick.
It doesn't look pretty on the inside, but no one will see that and it does what it supposed to do, support the action front and rear.
I probably should have used Devcon, instead of JB Weld, but I already had JB Weld, so another lesson learned.
The yellow residue is wax, the blue is the tape...I'll clean up the over flow before we're done.
The barrel will be supported for the first couple of inches, the rest of the barrel will be free-floating.